#DigitalNudge - The Hidden Forces that Shape our Digital Decisions
This video is also available in the GOTO Play video app! Download it to enjoy offline access to our conference videos while on the move.
35 thousand - that's the average number of decisions a person makes a day, almost one decision every two seconds. Have you ever wondered how many of these are "digital decisions"? Digital Decisions are the ones we make using technology devices like smartphones, wearables, laptops. and they're also decisions that computers and algorithms are making for us.
The number of Digital Decisions is only growing. In this talk we'll discuss:
- Digital Choice Architecture (UX, XD, Design, etc) uses Dark Patterns to get people to do what they don't want/need to.
- As an individual, what's the impact?
- As an organisation, what moral standards do we hold ourselves to?
- What does it mean for people who do well: Trust, Loyalty and users who come back because their needs have been resolved.
- As Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Virtual and Augmented Reality become more prevalent and powerful, the dangers will only be more harmful.
- The #DigitalNudges4Good movement is about finding ways to leverage the knowledge about behavioral science and the nudge theory in ways that we can make the world a better place.